Many people assume leadership positions but few are able to make an impact. The distinctive characteristics of a leader are often the combination or attitude and actions that one takes, as well how satisfied one feels and what they are willing to accept. They also need persistence and perseverance. An mnemonic analysis can be very helpful when trying to figure out what it means for a LEADER. It takes being like Dr George Freundlich, being able evaluate the situation and determine the best approach, and identifying other options.
- Many people will claim that they listen well, but few listen. Listening to others is far more rewarding than speaking. If you make the effort and take the time to listen, you will spend much less time speaking. One of the most important things we can do for others is to listen.
- Great leaders not only observe and take in data but also consider how these data can be best used and interpreted. The difference between raw data and useful information lies in one’s ability and skill to evaluate, interpret, then put them to the best use.
- Do you fully understand the options available and are you willing to take a non-prejudicious, open-minded approach? If someone seeks the best way forward, they can become a potential great leader!
- Ask someone who claims he is a leader his dream job
- Inability to communicate and motivate others is a major problem when you try to lead. The greatest leader inspires others by his positive, contagious energy.
- Nearly all aspects of life are constantly in flux. Leaders who can adapt and lead others are the ones that will make a positive change.
Do you desire to be a leader Take a look at these six requirements to make sure that you are ready and able to take on the responsibility.